Wednesday, February 15, 2017

LOVE Expressions XL Clear Word Title

Hello! I'm trying to blog more of my projects this week. Both kiddos are currently home sick with the flu and I'm still not feeling that great.  Spring needs to get here pronto.  And I'm going to Lysol-bomb the house tomorrow!  

This week I was up on the Clear Scraps blog with the LOVE Expressions XL Clear Word Title. I'm going to show you an easy way to give your acrylic a marbled look (which is so in right now).  


Now, the best and easiest way to color your acrylic is with alcohol inks. After removing the protective film from both sides of the word, I flipped OVER the word and applied  Ranger Alcohol Ink in Watermelon.  Why color on the backside of the acrylic? This is so that if you add any paint or additional medium to the front of your project, the color will not bleed.   


So confession time: I had planned on using some distress paint on the front of my heart..but it so did not work out. I used non-acetone polish remover to take off the paint and accidentally removed some of my red alcohol ink which created some "gaps" in the overall coloring on the back.  So, I grabbed two more coordinating colors of alcohol inks and directly applied in small drop allowing the colors to spread.  I also used a paper towel to dab any extra ink...I love how it turned out!  

I wanted to add one of the Dragonfly Chipboard Embellishments to my heart. The easiest way to color is to add acrylic paint...here I used a few coats of Distress Paint in Cracked Pistachio.  
Once the paint was dry, I applied the chipboard directly to my Versa Mark pad and sprinkled with embossing powder that has bits of glitter embedded.  I removed the excess powder and set with my heat gun. 

The remainder of the letters I covered with patterned paper using Beacon Adhesive 3-in-1 Craft Glue.   We highly recommend a water based liquid adhesive so it doesn't yellow the acrylic...plus Beacon is just plain awesome!  I cut away excess paper with scissors and an exacto knife..and a little bit of sanding helps too! I followed by adding some fun embellishments from collection I used: Crate Paper's Hello Love.









No comments:

Post a Comment